Anti-counterfeiting workshops are being held in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth and Bloemfontein between April and June 2001. The dates and venues are provided below.
All relevant authorities and role players (ie. police officers, public prosecutors, customs officials, trade and industry inspectors) involved in the combating of counterfeiting in South Africa have been invited to attend these 3-day workshops. The main aims of the workshops are to provide basic training on the Counterfeit Goods Act, Merchandise Marks Act, Trade Marks Act and the Copyright Act to the appropriate authorities, to create a general awareness of the counterfeiting problem in South Africa, and to deal with practical problems in combating counterfeiting.
Please contact Spoor & Fisher on 012 676 1111 if you are interested in attending one of these workshops.
The details of the workshops are as follows:
- 9 to 11 April - Century City, Canal Walk, Cape Town
- 23 to 25 April - Summerstrand Inn, Port Elizabeth
- 21 to 23 May - Bairnes Game Lodge, Bloemfontein
- 4 to 6 June - Royal Yacht Club, Durban
- 25 to 27 June - Microsoft Auditorium, Johannesburg
- 9 to 11 June - Microsoft Auditorium, Johannesburg