Experienced IP Practitioner
- Posted:29 May 2018
- Location:Spoor & Fisher Jersey
This post will require the holder to have the relevant technical knowledge in order to provide clients with a full service regarding trade mark matters within our Prosecutions Department. Our team deals with a variety of trade mark matters, including searches and official actions, and providing clients with general advice regarding trade mark prosecution and portfolio management.
The post holder will deal with a variety of complex and specialised work. He/she will need to work well under pressure and will need to plan their own workload to ensure targets and deadlines are met whilst maintaining a high quality service.
The role requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and team-working abilities to be able to effectively work in partnership with all colleagues, share knowledge and coach junior members of staff.
Attendance at international conferences and participation in trips to see clients will be expected in due course.
- To manage a client portfolio with respect to all aspects of trade mark prosecution work. This may include working closely with a Director or Associate for particular clients.
- Such work will include the management of official actions, answering a variety of client enquiries, negotiating (and billing) fees, and overseeing the delivery of prosecution and formalities work for your designated clients, in accordance with Spoor & Fisher Jersey’s procedures and to meet our service standards.
- To assist with and/or manage special projects as necessary, including the provision of advice to clients regarding their trade mark portfolios. • To participate in team management meetings, to discuss emerging client matters, staff issues and work flow management.
- To coach, mentor and appraise junior members of the Prosecutions Team.
- To delegate matters to other departments, teams, or individuals when appropriate.
- To ensure that legal/practice updates are notified, as they arise, to the relevant departments within the office.
- To contribute to the enhancement of our operational effectiveness and efficiency by identifying process improvements.
Core competencies & attributes
- A passion for excellent client service delivery.
- A degree of technical knowledge and understanding of legal principles in the field of intellectual property, together with the ability to apply such experience across different jurisdictions.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills, employed with clients, colleagues and relevant third parties.
- Highest level of personal integrity.
- Leadership by example, by applying emotional intelligence in guiding colleagues, by demonstrating a strong work ethic – and by social engagement.
- Excellent business writing skills and a focused attention to detail in all work.
- Respectful to all, within and outside of our firm.
What we offer in return
- Professional career development in a legal services field.
- Opportunities for progression.
- Access to working with global chip clients.
- Attractive remuneration and benefits.
- A desirable working location (and suitable relocation package if necessary).
For further information or to apply for this position, please contact Mike Berry, Chief Operating Officer for Spoor & Fisher in Jersey, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +44 (0)1534 838088.