Jeremy SperesPartner - Cape Town, South Africa
Tel: + 27 21 673 4401
Fax: + 27 21 683 5952
BA LLB LLM, Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
Fields of Practice
Jeremy practises intellectual property and IT law, with broad transactional, contentious and prosecution experience around the world.
Jeremy has extensive knowledge and experience in global internet law (both contentious and transactional), including domain name law and online IP protection. He is an active domain name dispute adjudicator and litigant around the world. Jeremy leads Spoor & Fisher’s domain names and online brand enforcement department. He is lead counsel in South Africa's first site blocking case.
He is active in the IP community, regularly contributing articles to IP and other legal publications.
Jeremy is a domain name dispute adjudicator as well as a guest lecturer to the UCT LLB & LLM IP & Tech Law Courses.
- Member – South African Institute of Intellectual Property Law (SAIIPL) and Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee Member
- Member – International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member – Law Society of South Africa (LSSA)
- Member – Legal Practice Council (LPC)
- Jeremy is listed in the Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars Handbook as a “rising star to watch”.
- Listed – Legal 500
- Listed – Luxury Law Alliance
- Nominated – Acritas Individual Star Lawyer, 2020